Monday, May 4, 2009

Softball Update

So yes, I play on a couple of softball teams. I actually had played for years since I was 15, but was forced to take it easy following tearing my ACL in March 07 at a tournament, and having ACL reconstruction surgery that summer. I played a few games last season as a sub here and there, but was determined to get back on to the field full time.

For now, I've taken on 2 teams:
Wednesday night - Brookhaven League - The Bronx Bombers
Sunday morning - Island Softball - The Americans

Both teams had it's first doubleheaders this past week.
Weds: Game 1- Lost 8 - 14 Game 2- won 18-17 (8 innings)
Sun: Game 1 - Forfeit (had 7 players) Game 2 - Won 20-10 (10 run ruled, fielding 8 guys)

A decent start to both seasons.. sucked having to forfeit a game, but to come back and win the 2nd with only 8 guys (in softball you field 10 normally).. that was pretty impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment